Small update on big news (+ conference news)

A couple of months ago I posted that I had sent in for the very first time an essay I wrote to an academic journal. Well, the editor has finally replied. She sent me a long list of comments. Some of the comments are technical, regarding writing form. But most of them are about the essence of the essay, and I'm not really sure what to make of them. The professor who assisted me in the research and writing suggested we find a time to sit and look over everything, so that's good.

In other, but related news, I will be presenting a poster at the archeology department's young scholars conference this Thursday, on the same topic (the Levitical Cities of Yissachar). What that means is that I spent a week designing a poster and then refining and refining. All of this will culminate in about half an hour of me standing next to my poster, pretty much just hanging about (and answering questions should they come about). Kind of like a science fair...

I was also asked to design a poster summarizing the excavations we did last summer at Tel Tibneh, so in a sense, I will actually be presenting two posters in the conference...the second poster wasn't written by me, though. I just did the design and did some basic linguistic editing. Perhaps I'll post them here after the conference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Islamic Arabian Dust Worship

Anakim, Rephaim, oh my!

Big news! Kind of...